December 01, 2009

Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta



So we had this a few weeks ago and I am just getting around to writing a review. My sweetie really enjoyed this, sleepy bear liked it too. I thought it was just ok.. I am not into casserole type dishes all that much though. It went well with steamed broccoli.

Here's the recipe and changes I made.

Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta

2 cups cooked, diced chicken
6 oz deli ham, diced ( I used leftover ham steaks that I made extra for this recipe)
2 cans cream of chicken soup (one can)
8 oz sour cream
2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese (I mixed cheddar and mozzerella, I bought cheese for this and I am still looking around the house for it. No clue where I put it, kinda gross eh?)
cooked pasta (I used a bag of egg noodles)
milk (I used this to thin out the sauce)

Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan until cheese is melted, smooth, and creamy. Serve over whatever pasta you like. I used penne and tossed the pasta and the sauce together. You can just spoon it over the past if you like.

I diced the chicken and browned it in butter, s&p. While that was cooking I cooked the egg noodles. Drained the noodles, mixed the soup, sour cream, and milk together. Added the chicken, and ham diced up to the noodles, poured the sauce over then added the cheese and mixed together.

If you try this let me know how it went :)

No comments: