Bean-N-Beef Crescent Pie
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef ( I used 1 lb.)
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup salsa (whole cup)
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls (used 2)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (not very much of this)
- 1/2 cup refried beans (whole can)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese or Cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and salsa; simmer, uncovered, until thickened. Meanwhile, unroll crescent roll dough. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish; seal perforations. Spread cream cheese over the dough.
- Stir the refried beans into beef mixture. Spoon over cream cheese layer. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
Kid-wouldn't eat it at all, he saw the beans.
Mr.- He said a 4/5. He liked it with some sour cream on top.
Me- I say 4/5 too. I think a bit of fresh tomatoes and lettuce would really top this off.
Over all, we'll probably have this again.