Beef & Broccoli
3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
1/2 cup water, plus
2 tablespoons water, divided
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 lb boneless round steak or charcoal chuck steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips (I used sirloin steak)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
4 cups broccoli florets (stir fry veggies)
1 small onion, cut into wedges (left out)
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
hot cooked rice
1. In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder until smooth.
2. Add beef and toss.
3. In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm.
4. Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes.
5. Return beef to pan.
6. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and remaining cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the pan.
7. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
8. Serve over rice.
Review- I hate soy sauce and ginger both. I however loved this recipe. Super fast even though it had a couple steps. This was great with the stir fry mix of veggies. I give this a 5/5 rating and 4/5 from the Mr. I will be adding this to our regular rotation. Mmmm!