March 28, 2009
Sunday- Pork Chops and Scalloped Potatoes with green beans. (new recipe)
Monday- Breaded Chicken Sandwiches with lettuce, tomato, and mayo. & fries.
Tuesday- Pizza made at home
Wednesday- BBQ meatballs and creamy mashed potatoes from Pioneer Woman's website with corn and sweet carrots.
Thursday- Soft and Crunchy tacos a family favorite.
Friday- Sweet and Spicy Kielbasa, homestyle mac and cheese (new recipe) and broccoli.
Saturday- L.O.'s and a birthday party for Little Bear's friend.
Visit http://orgjunkie.com/ for more ideas :)
March 26, 2009
This week at Weis Market their sales are so so, I will make you two meals and keep them low priced. :)
2 bags of big top cheese ravioli- 2$
1 bag big top shredded pizza blend cheese- 2$
1 jar of del grosso pasta sauce- 1.25
* 2 packages frozen cheese ravioli
* 1 jar spaghetti sauce
* 2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. In 9x13-inch dish spread a little bit of sauce at bottom (to prevent sticking).
2. Put on ravioli, as many as will fit without being"tight".
3. Put on more sauce and then cheese.
4. Repeat until all ravioli is gone.
5. Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes.
Total cost- 5.25$
2 pounds of bottom round roast- 3.58
1 bag of baby carrots 2.50 (this is a 2lb bag)
1 can of cream of mushroom soup- .89 cents
Erica's Delicious Slow Cooker Beef Roast
* 2 pounds boneless beef roast
* 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 onion, quartered
* 16 baby carrots
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 tablespoons parsley
1. In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the roast in the oil for 15 minutes, or until all sides are well browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
2. Place the onion, carrots, garlic and parsley in the bottom of a slow cooker. Place the roast on top of the vegetables and pour the soup over the roast and the vegetables.
3. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours, stirring once.
4. Transfer roast to a serving platter and place the vegetables around it. Pour the roast gravy from the slow cooker into a gravy boat.
Total- (odds and ends around the house 2.00) 8.95
March 20, 2009
Saturday-MIL's pulled pork
Sunday-Pork chops, stuffing, baked taters, and any veggies hanging out in the fridge.
Monday- Hamburger Helper, bread, and green beans. (we'll have this so Mr. Bear can take leftovers to work
Tuesday-Roast with potatoes and carrots in the crock pot
Thursday- Skillet Chicken over mashed potatoes
Friday- Hot roast beef sandwiches with fries and peas *leftover roast from Tuesday*
Saturday- Cracker barrel chicken and homemade potato wedges
Desserts- Pb cookies with kisses and maybe chocolate cake with pb butter cream icing.
Don't forget to check out organizngjunkie for more ideas :)
March 16, 2009
I think I'll make these cookies for Easter too! With maybe purple, yellow, and blue icing.
|1||(18.9-oz.) pkg. Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Funfetti® Cake Mix|
|1/2||(15.6-oz.) can Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Funfetti® Vanilla Frosting|
|1.||Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs; stir with spoon until thoroughly moistened. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. With bottom of glass dipped in flour, flatten to 1/4-inch thickness.|
|2.||Bake at 375°F. for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.|
|3.||Spread frosting over warm cookies. Immediately sprinkle each with candy bits from frosting. Let frosting set before storing. Store in tightly covered container.|
March 15, 2009
Sunday- BBQ meatloaf, baked taters, and steamed veggies
Monday- Taco Pizza
Tuesday- BBQ chicken bites, macaroni salad, chips and dip
Wednesday- Country Style Porkloin, mashed taters, gravy, glazed carrots
Thursday- Lasagna and garlic toast
Friday- Steaks on the grill, sugar snap peas, and noodles
Saturday- Hamburger Helper with butter bread and steamed veggies.
Desserts this week-- Funfetti cookies with green icing, and strawberry short cakes.
March 14, 2009
March 08, 2009
Sunday- Cracker Barrel Chicken (new recipe), with fancy rice
Monday-Hamburgers, baked beans, and fries.
Tuesday-BBQ kielbasa bites, mac and cheese, l.o. baked beans
Wednesday- Off to Mil's. No clue this week what she has planned.
Thursday-Cheese stuffed pasta, simmered meat sauce, and garlic toast
Friday- Fish fillets, lipton bag noodles of some sort, and steamed veggies
Saturday-Ham slices, rice, and broccoli
Sunday- BBQ glazed meatloaf, baked potatoes, corn and peas mix.
Desserts- strawberry magic mousse with fresh berries, and peanut butter cookies.
Visit http://orgjunkie.com/ for more ideas :)
March 02, 2009
Wish me luck! :)