March 26, 2009
Weis Market's Weekly Budget Meal
This week at Weis Market their sales are so so, I will make you two meals and keep them low priced. :)
2 bags of big top cheese ravioli- 2$
1 bag big top shredded pizza blend cheese- 2$
1 jar of del grosso pasta sauce- 1.25
* 2 packages frozen cheese ravioli
* 1 jar spaghetti sauce
* 2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. In 9x13-inch dish spread a little bit of sauce at bottom (to prevent sticking).
2. Put on ravioli, as many as will fit without being"tight".
3. Put on more sauce and then cheese.
4. Repeat until all ravioli is gone.
5. Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes.
Total cost- 5.25$
2 pounds of bottom round roast- 3.58
1 bag of baby carrots 2.50 (this is a 2lb bag)
1 can of cream of mushroom soup- .89 cents
Erica's Delicious Slow Cooker Beef Roast
* 2 pounds boneless beef roast
* 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 onion, quartered
* 16 baby carrots
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 tablespoons parsley
1. In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the roast in the oil for 15 minutes, or until all sides are well browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
2. Place the onion, carrots, garlic and parsley in the bottom of a slow cooker. Place the roast on top of the vegetables and pour the soup over the roast and the vegetables.
3. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours, stirring once.
4. Transfer roast to a serving platter and place the vegetables around it. Pour the roast gravy from the slow cooker into a gravy boat.
Total- (odds and ends around the house 2.00) 8.95