- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 5 tablespoons ketchup, divided
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix (whole pack)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, 2 tablespoons ketchup, mustard, bread crumbs, dry soup mix, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into an oval loaf.
- Place in a shallow 1-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the sugars, vinegar and remaining ketchup; drizzle over meat loaf. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings.
I doubled this recipe since we love meatloaf. I also baked this in the oven for about an hour and 20 minutes on 350. Mr. Bear gave this meatloaf a 4/5 stars. I gave it a 3/5. I will use this meatloaf recipe from now on, but not always the sauce. Next time I make the sauce I will cut back a table spoon of mustard. This meatloaf sliced very nicely and cooked well. I used 90/10 lean ground beef. I will make this again, with or without the sauce. I think the sauce would go well with chicken breast too.