- 2 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 4 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, fresh shredded, to taste
- Slightly moisten chicken with water.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, shake chicken and cajun seasoning until chicken is thoroughly coated.
- In large skillet, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons butter, over medium heat, turning whenever necessary.
- When chicken is about half-way done, grab a second skillet and combine heavy cream, 2 tablespoons butter, and remainder of seasonings over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- When cream mixture begins to bubble, add the pasta and turn off heat. Stir well.
- When chicken is cooked through, place on cutting board and slice into strips.
This was really good. I made it for my hubby and he loved it. Anthony ate some too, and he is a bit more picky. I will say to go ahead and make the whole box of pasta since there is a lot of extra leftover sauce. I love making a copycat recipe because then we can eat as much as we want, control the quality of the ingredients, and best of all, stay home!