June 07, 2010

Last week I tried making my own laundry soap with a bar of Fels Naptha, Borax, and Super Washing Soda. The results are in, and I think we'll continue to do this from now on. The clothes are coming out just as clean, its a very frugal "recipe" and it takes minimal effort. The hardest part was grating the soap, otherwise it was a breeze! The recipe I had linked to was for 1/2 cup of the washing soda and borax but all the others called for a whole cup of each so that is what I added. We've been using a table spoon for small-med loads and 2 for large- extra large loads. We built a clothes line for around 55 dollars, then made our own soap.. that is probably a savings of around 75 percent. Between the low to no use of the dryer and cheap cheap cheap soap! I feel like an accomplished woman!

I also made some homemade dishwasher soap, which is working out wonderfully also. Using mostly the same ingrediants I already had for the laundry soap. I am using super cheap white vinegar for the rinse agent, its all working out wonderfully.

It feels so good to save some cash!

No comments: