May 22, 2010

Recipe Review: Sweet and Tangy Meatballs

Sweet and Tangy Meatballs
1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Vinegar
3/4 cup BBQ Sauce
3 tsp. Dijon Mustard
3 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 Bag Frozen Meatballs

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350. Combine all ingredients, except meatballs in a saucepan to heat up and dissolve sugar. Meanwhile, place meatballs in a 13x9 inch baking dish. When sugar is dissolved, pour heated sauce over the meatballs and cover the baking dish with foil. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until heated through. Serve right away, or put it in your crock pot on low til the party starts!

I can't even say if we liked this recipe or not since I made a handful of changes. I will say I cut the recipe into 1/3 but used a half bag of meatballs. I also added an extra half cup of bbq sauce making a whole cup. They were way too sweet. Next time I will reduce the brown sugar way down and maybe a bit more mustard for a bit more tang. I also made the sauce in a deep fry pan, then added the meatballs, and put a lid on them. I simmered them till they were done. Only one dirty dish and it was non-stick. :)

Myself 1 outta 5 because the sugar was so awful.
Hubby 3 outta 5
Kiddo he ate a couple.

No comments: