Sweet BBQ Chicken Kabobs
found at Hoosier Homemade
- 1-2 pounds chicken, boneless skinless, cut into chunks
- 1 whole fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 each red, yellow and green peppers
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 6 tablespoons orange juice concentrate, thawed
- Soak wooden skewers in water about 15-20 minutes.
- Thread chicken, peppers and pineapple onto skewers.
- Mix barbecue sauce and orange juice concentrate in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the grill to medium-high.
- Brush half of the sauce onto the skewers.
- Grill 8-10 minutes or until chicken is done, turning occasionally.
- Brush on remainder of sauce while skewers are cooking.
This recipe makes about 18-20 skewers, with a little sauce left over. You can easily cut the recipe in half.
To grill pineapple, cut a 1/2 inch thick slice of fresh pineapple and place on grill. Turning once until the pineapple is slightly brown and there are grill marks on the pineapple.
In place of chicken, you can also use salmon, pork or shrimp. In place of the fresh pineapple, you can use a can of pineapple chunks.
These are delish! They are a bit time consuming to chop, and thread everything but it works nicely when your hubby helps and your sister is in visiting to hold the baby :)I enjoyed it all, including the pineapple, that we only put a few on in case we didn't like it, hubby, and my sister like it also. The bbq sauce I used was Wegman's brown sugar sauce & I used regular OJ since that is what I had. Next time I'll use some red onions too.
Me- 5/5 rating
Kiddo- he ate it so he must have liked it, but left some peppers behind