Here are some new recipes I am going to try this week. There's not too many but just enough to share. Hope you enjoy them.
POLISH NOODLES AND CABBAGE
1/4 c. butter
1/2 c. chopped onion
4 c. chopped or sliced cabbage
1 tsp. caraway seed
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 (8 oz.) pkg. egg noodles
1/2 c. dairy sour cream (optional)
1. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onion, saute until soft.
2. Add cabbage, saute 5 minutes or until crisp tender. Stir in caraway seed, salt and pepper.
3. Meanwhile, cook noodles in salted boiling water as directed on package; drain well.
4. Stir noodles into cabbage. Add sour cream, if desired. Cook 5 minutes longer, stirring frequently. 6 to 8 servings.
I'll leave the sour cream and caraway seeds out of this recipe.
Chicken Wings With Honey BBQ Sauce
3 pounds chicken wings
1 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup Teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
1/8 cup vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, minced (I just used a tablespoon of bottled minced garlic)
Season wings with salt & pepper. Place frozen wings on broiler pan and broil for twelve-fifteen minutes on each side. Transfer wings to the slow cooker. Combine ingredients and pour over wings. Cook on high two hours or low for four hours.
I am going to cut this in half and use chicken legs.
Slow cooker Pepper Steak
* 2 pounds beef sirloin, cut into 2 inch strips
* garlic powder to taste
* 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 cube beef bouillon
* 1/4 cup hot water
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 2 large green bell peppers, roughly chopped
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
* 3 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 teaspoon white sugar
* 1 teaspoon salt
1. Sprinkle strips of sirloin with garlic powder to taste. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil and brown the seasoned beef strips. Transfer to a slow cooker.
2. Mix bouillon cube with hot water until dissolved, then mix in cornstarch until dissolved. Pour into the slow cooker with meat. Stir in onion, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, and salt.
3. Cover, and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low for 6 to 8 hours.