December 31, 2008
I am super excited for tonight. We're having a small kid friendly new year get together with my Dad, Step-Mom, my brother Frankie (8) and my sister Karlee (5). We're going to rent a nice movie, and feast, feast, feast.. FEAST! Oh who-pudding and rare who- roast beast...lol. Not really, we're going to have a big list of goodies though. Sloppy Joe, taco dip, chips and french onion, chips and salsa, soft pretzels, mozzarella sticks, pizza rolls, crackers and cheese, and port wine cheese, and lastly bbq lil smokies. Also punch and some pop. I am excited to eat and hang out! Happy New Year everyone!
December 29, 2008
- Eat out only 2 times a month.--We have already went for Lunch once this month..
- Clean up all Christmas related things, and neatly pack them away in the Christmas tote. I got this done!! Little Bear went to grandma's over night so I figured it was the best time to get it done and over with. I also went out to the antique place and got a cute snowman for on the tree with Little Bear's name on it and a Santa Claus sign that says Merry Christmas for 4.50 total to pack up for next year, along with some half off window clings and candy jars from the Dollar Tree. I even threw away some stuff!! :)
- Organize the storage closet. Toss any un-needed junk.
- Clean out living room closet and get rid of baby clothes, since we are done with having children.
- Eat healthier, and find more healthy desserts rather than chocolate cake with peanut butter icing.
- Go threw clothes and make room for some upgrades.-- I went threw all Little Bear's clothes and toss some stained up ones, and packed the others up for a friend's little boy who is a year younger.
- Get both desk clutter free, including the drawers.-- I do have one desk done and a drawer of the other done. And all the Christmas decorations off.
- Work on a monthly budget so we can get something saved.
- Clean out the freezer and deep freeze and organize. Wash out entire fridge.-- I did neatly pack up 14 packs of pork chops, they were boneless @ 1.49 a pound, can't beat that around here!!
So those are a few of my goals, I'll cross them off as I go, and add more if I can think of some.
December 28, 2008
Sunday- Roast in the crock pot, with just some diced onions and seasonings. I'll make up some scalloped potatoes since we're tired of mashed since the holidays.. and some corn and peas.
Monday- Shepard's pie, with smashed potatoes on top, they are mixed with cheese, and yummy-ness so Mr. Bear won't mind much.
Tuesday- Leftovers night, there will likely be shepard's pie, veggies, meatloaf from Sat. and stuff like that.. it's also trash night so we'll eat up stuff before it needs to go out.
Wednesday- jumbalya from a box and kielbasa tossed in and some steamed corn.
Thursday- Pork loin in the crock pot with saurkraut, and some mashed potatoes, I'll likely cook up some hot dogs too for Anthony, and snacking later! LET'S GO PENN STATE!!! Hopefully will ring in the new year with some good luck! YUM I can't wait for some kraut!
Friday- Meatball subs with mozz. sprinkled on top, and mozz. stix.
Saturday- Grilled Cheese, Tomato soup, and any leftovers you'd like..
Sunday- Chicken Stuffing bake with some corn, and maybe some biscuits or mashed..
Monday- Chili (already in the freezer) with noodles, making it chili mac, and some either french bread or garlic toast.
Tuesday- Salmon cakes with rice a roni shells, and some veggies, finally!
Wednesday- Sloppy Joes, with mac and cheese. If there's any fries or tots hanging out in the freezer they'll get cooked up too.
I planned up for awhile just so I can get some stuff used up..
Hope every one had a great holiday, we did, and little bear made out like a bandit, he was a very good boy this year! I had mounds and mounds of card board to break down and get rid of, I couldn't stand the clutter. I had a hall way in our apartment we had been using as storage for coolers, extra chairs for the table, the air compresser, and I found new places to stash them all, now little bear can use that area to play, I'll have to take some pictures of it, I should have take a before and after.
And I hope every one has a great 2009!
December 21, 2008
Monday- C.O.R.N. so we can have room for holiday goodies.
Tuesday- Hot dogs, mac and cheese, and baked beans. Easy peasy for dinner so clean up is a sinch before the holidays.
Wednesday- Christmas eve with Mr. Bear's Grandma. Ham, Turkey, mashed and sweet potatoes, sloppy joes, green bean casserole, gravy, corn..stuffing.. goodies..
Thursday- Dinner with my Dad in the afternoon, then snacks in the evening with Mr. Bear's Mother. I'll take cocktail weeners.
Friday- Leftovers or something good I hope. We might still be visiting family, we're pulled every direction because both of our parents are divorced, and we still have grandparents.
Saturday- Soups On!! Tomato soup and Grilled cheese.
Sunday- ? Take out maybe or something I need to scheme up!
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
December 14, 2008
Monday- Chicken and biscuits (this will be left over chicken from Sunday)
Tuesday- Spaghetti and garlic bread
Wednesday- Community dinner, Beef stew
Thursday- Pancakes, sasuage, and fruit
Friday- Roast beef sammies, fries or noodles and green beans
Saturday- SOUPS ON! Chicken noodle soup with grilled cheese
Sunday- Baked ham, scalloped potatoes, stuffing, and peas
Recipe Review from last week:
Cola Chicken- I used a half of a can of chicken, 3 breast, a handful of brown sugar, some ketch up and bbq sauce. Cut the breast into strip and simmered them in the sauce. We all ate it and thought it was good, just fancy bbq flavored chicken. We'll have it again, rating *** 3 stars.
Veggie beef soup- Good, and great leftovers. Next time I won't add diced tomatoes, instead just tomato juice. *** 3 stars too.
Sticky Chicken is up for review tonight, I'll update later on it :)
December 09, 2008
So here goes-
Monday- Soft and Crunchy Tacos with the fixin's
Tuesday- Cheese burgers with lettuce and tomatoes, with homemade pasta salad.
Wednesday- French Toast with bacon and fruit cocktail
Thursday- Cola Chicken (new recipe), with mac and cheese, and baked beans
Friday-pan fried kielbasa with bbq sauce, and baked potato casserole (new recipe)
Saturday- I decided to hop on the Soup's on Saturday wagon so we can eat the soup all week for lunch too, so we're having Veggie beef soup with crackers (new recipe)
Sunday- Mimi's Sticky Chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, and corn. (new recipe also, but I will be cooking this chicken at 350* instead of the suggested 250*)
I have the rest of the month, but you'll just have to come back next monday to see it :)
Likely I'll make some fudge and chocolate chip cookies this week.